Wednesday 13 May 2015

Australian Artist Turns Old Keys and Coins Into Recycled Art



Well, there’d be numerous things at your home, which you consider useless, even though discarded keys and coins can be turned into good-looking art with some creativity ideas and the right sort of know-how. Australian artist Michael or Moerkey, does accurately that, turning rejected keys and coins into lovely bottles, lampshades and other exquisite recycled metal sculptures.

He says; one day I decide to be cleaning out my shed, I came across some rejected old copper pipe saved from a previous renovation. I cut it up into rings and started making it into spheres. The first ones were a bit uneven but once I worked out the technique I got creative ideas and making different things Michael explains on his Etsy shop. You know I’m a bit of a hoarder and searched around for all those old keys and copper wire that were no longer required, and got creative ideas with them as well. I think it's extremely creative and I like it very much. 

Absolutely it's an art and I love the rustic raw edgy beauty of it, because the colors from the coins look so good in composed manner. I’m hoping everyone will admire my efforts. 











No comments:

Post a Comment